960 W 7th Street, Los Angeles
PROJECT HOTLINE : 213-330-8136
MAJOR MILESTONES / WORK STARTED
- Completed late June, 2019 - Rerouting of existing utilities to make the site ready for construction - Completed mid-June, 2019 - Closure of pedestrian walkway between Fig @ 7th parking structure and the mall - Completed early June, 2019 - Site Clearing and demo - Completed late July, 2019 - Securing of site perimeter
- Early July, 2019 - Shoring-drilling of soldier piles: Drilling equipment mobilized
- Scheduled for mid-July, 2019 - Excavation at south end of site
- Scheduled for early August, 2019 - Re-opening of pedestrian exit from parking garage south elevators
TO OUR NEIGHBORS:
Site preparation is underway at the 960 W 7th Street site located between the Fig@7th parking structure and 777 Fig Tower. Each month our newsletter detailing upcoming project activities will be distributed electronically to the local building and HOA managers. It is a priority to communicate with our neighbors and to the best of our ability, minimize the impact our construction activities may have on you, while maintaining a safe environment for the public and construction team alike. To this end, we would like to share the following information about our construction-related activities:
• Access to driveways on 8th Street will be maintained at all times.
• The parking lane on 8th Street in front of the project will be closed during construction.
• Pedestrian access on 8th Street in front of the project will be maintained via a barricade tunnel.
• The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires all trucks and equipment (such as forklifts) to have audible back-up alarms. Additionally, the tower crane operators are required to sound their horn when hoisting a load overhead.
• Normal Working Hours: M-F from 7am – 6pm/ Sat 8am – 6pm